Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Little Word

        I'm going to focus on: organizing and completing for 2012. 

These 2 words fit for me because my sewing and crafting AND my teaching involve being organized and completing work on time.
      I'm joining a group called One Little Word started by Ali Edwards some years ago. Her premise is that focusing on one word for an entire year will help change your life. She also says that the stories of our lives are important. BTW, I know this is 2 words! lol
    In the early 1990's I became involved in the Storytelling Project at the Center for Education at Rice University. It changed my life professionally and gave me the words to express my belief that stories (our own or others') are what make the world interesting. 
    Ali is going to lead a class through Big Picture Classes to help people keep focus through the year and connect it to creativity. I'm looking forward to this project.
    Check it out. You might find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment