Saturday, April 24, 2010

Amy Butler's Birdie Sling Bag

I took a class at Sunflower Quilts last week to make this bag. It worked out well because the directions were not easy to read so Jill was a great help getting the bag complete. She had many tips to keep us all on the right track.
  I had some blocks and yardage of Jan Mullen fabric that I wanted to use. The blue was the yardage so it was for the outside and the other pieces would be pockets and lining, etc. I loved being able to use some of all of it.
 Here is one inner lining. I left this large pocket undivided to hold my wallet.
 I added a smaller pocket on the other side of the inner lining to hold my iPhone. It is perfect. I can always find it. 
Here is my completed bag and the bag of my friend, Sheila.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment