Friday, September 18, 2009

Handmade Nation, Austin Premiere

What a wonderful treat! I went to Austin to see the film, Handmade Nation. I have been following internet chatter about this indie craft documentary and bought the book months ago. The movie  features a few of the artists from the book written by Faythe Levine.  When I heard the film was going to finally come to Texas, I was so excited. I immediately went on line to get a ticket. I would be getting a tote with goodies from sponsors AND get to have my first visit to an Alamo Drafthouse theater.
         I got to meet the films ceator, Faythe Levine, and listen to Q & A with some Austin crafters after the movie. There were a few crafters set up selling their creations outside the theater.
        Sublime Stiching was a major sponsor. Jenny Hart created an iron-on  transfer for the swag bag that I get to embroider. The bag was unique, also, with seaming that looked like piping around the edges. Inside she included  an embroidered journal and a needle, thread and scissors to stitch the bag.
Here is a list of other items found in the bag:
monkey necklace - happyowlglass.com 
candy and a bag of cool buttons - http://www.gotcraft.com/
unique card with envelope - http://www.onecreativegirl.com/eativegirl.com
creative amigarumi "creature" pattern - craftyiscool.etsy.com
felt flower shapes - ilovepatina.com
        I really enjoyed myself and felt apart an exciting crafting event. Thanks to all of you who made it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment